Fingal County Council has allocated funding for footpath improvements in the 2015 Council works programme for the Malahide area, which will improve pedestrian safety, as follows:
– Coast Rd, (from Coffee shop to Oscar Taylors)
– Entrance to Bridgefield Car Park
– Ard na Mara
– Chalfont Park
– Back Rd to Malahide Rd, ( from Kinsealy Lane to Malahide Rd )
– Malahide Rd at Lissadell Wood
– Yellows Walls Rd, from traffic lights to National School
– The Moorings
– The Green, from Bissetts Strand to Siam Thai Restaurant
– Strand Street
– Bath Avenue
Further funding has been approved for a Pedestrian Crossing in the vicinity of Malahide Tennis Club and The Rise.
There will be bus stop improvement at The Old Handy Shop, Estuary Road, Seabury and also traffic calming on Estuary Road.
Drainage Improvements will also be carried out at:
– Entrance to Malahide Castle ( Dublin Rd)
– Back Rd
– The Mall / The Rise
– Dublin Rd / O’Hanlons Lane
– Dublin Rd / Swords Rd
There is also provision for tree works and restoration of lawn area at the Casino and Flexipave around the base of trees in the village centre.